Content License: A Handbook for Adjunct/Part-Time Faculty and Teachers of Adults, 7th Edition
Join colleges large and small across the U.S. that have partnered with the Part-Time Press to integrate the most trusted faculty handbook in the nation into their teaching faculty training, development programs and teaching resource materials. Under the auspices of our licensing program, you receive the book in digital format and then tailor the materials to fit into your development and training programs. Licenses are valid for one calendar year.
by Donald Greive, Ed.D. & Patricia Lesko, MFA
The Part-Time Press, 2011
160 pages. Electronic delivery.
With over 265,000 copies sold, A Handbook is one of the most trusted faculty development resources available today. A Handbook is more than just a teacher’s manual! This powerhouse helps readers tackle the day-to-day challenges associated with teaching part-time. The book takes faculty members (including those new to the classroom) step-by-step through the semester. Readers begin with a discussion about the importance of andragogy, student-centered learning and cooperative/collaborative learning. The book offers loads of suggestions and teaching tips and helps instructors sharpen their skills in order to become more confident and competent in the classroom. A Handbook helps readers build stronger lessons plans, integrate media and technology into lectures effectively, facilitate more dynamic classroom discussions and craft a variety of test types and assessment tools (including self-assessment tools). A Handbook offers practical advice and successful strategies in a readable, accessible style and format.
- “I found this book to be very helpful. It was a must read for a newbie to teaching.”—review from Amazon.com
- “Adjunct instructors often enter the teaching arena with extensive work experience that is vital to keeping our programs updated. A Handbook for Adjunct/Part-Time Faculty and Teachers of Adults is a practical tool they can use to be successful immediately and throughout their teaching careers.” — Dr. Sheree P. Koppel, Academic Dean, Sullivan College of Technology and Design
- “Your books are super-excellent! We have provided them to our new adjunct faculty as well as to our seasoned adjunct faculty who want to continue growing and refreshing their teaching skills.”— Jeana Bodart, Adjunct Faculty Coordinator, Ivy Tech Community College
- “Must Have Information for Adjunct Instructors…” — Fred Fanning author Essays on Safety, Health and Environment, from Amazon.com
- “Great tips in a concise format!”– review from Amazon.com
From the Preface to the Seventh Edition:
It has been over eighteen years since Dr. Donald Greive penned A Handbook for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty and Teachers of Adults. The book was first written and published with the intention of supporting adjunct faculty in the important role they play in higher education. This book has been purchased by half of all U.S. colleges and universities, and used by hundreds of thousands of adjunct faculty throughout the U.S. and Canada.
In recent years, however, the mission of higher education instruction has shifted. There is a greater emphasis upon student-centered learning, student retention, as well as the utilization of technology in the classroom. The number of institutions offering learning at a distance has increased dramatically, as well. This revision of the Handbook recognizes those shifts and provides adjunct and part-time faculty with the tools necessary for successful classroom instruction with particular attention to student success.
See Inside This Book!
Order today for Faculty Orientation Programs!
To order or for more information, call 734-930-6854, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday (EST). Email inquiries to: orders@Part-TimePress.com