You can read this book using any of the following apps and devices:
by Patricia Adams and Happy Gingras
The Part-Time Press, 2017
128 pages. Paperback.
See Inside This Book!
Wish your students….
• Took responsibility for their learning?
• Completed coursework and actively participated in classroom discussions?
• Completed assigned work on time?
• Turned in assignments that followed directions/rubrics?
Flipped classrooms combined with blended learning strategies and techniques allow teaching faculty to combine their own creativity with technological tools that can make all of these “wishes” (and more) come true. Students in flipped and blended courses are more engaged, prepared and excited about the course materials you are eager to teach. Authors Patricia Adams and Happy Gingras—award-winning faculty members—have been teaching flipped and blended college courses for over a decade and in this book they take readers step-by-step through the process of flipping and blending a course.
Readers and Reviewers say…
Blended Learning & Flipped Classrooms: A Comprehensive Guide is an impressively written, organized and presented instructional guide that is unreservedly recommended for personal, professional, school district, college, and university library Teacher Education collections and supplemental studies reading lists.–Midwest Review of Books
“Gingras’ and Adams’ approach blended and flipped classrooms with practical guidance that shows an educator how to slowly begin the process of classroom transformation for an improved learning space. With the goal of improving student engagement, Gingras and Adams emphasize the importance of students interacting with the online readings and videos. As the authors noted, often the misconceived and ill-interpreted concept of a flipped or blended class is providing just a video or readings, nothing that requires the students to engage with what they are learning. Student engagement with the out-of class work is pinnacle to the success of a blended and flipped learning experience. Appropriate engagement in the out-of-class work provides an experiential in-class experience where students can try out their understanding of the material. The author’s strengthen their guide with the inclusion of community college instructors’ testimonies about switching from lecture-based instruction to blended and flipped learning spaces.” —Tabitha Miller, Amazon.com review
“Blended Learning & Flipped Classrooms: A Comprehensive Guide is a useful, slim book by Patricia Adams and Happy Gingras, experienced, award-winning college educators, introducing many new ideas of how to manage the classroom and reach the students. This handbook would be especially relevant for new faculty, adjunct or full-time, as it includes tools that some professors might never have thought of or dared to try. The writing is lively and enthusiastic, and not laden with academic jargon. When you’re ready to take some risks and make some changes, this book will provide much of what current college teachers need to blend and flip their classrooms.”–Deborah Straw, book reviewer, AdjunctNation.com
Download options: EPUB, [MOBI] KINDLE
Wondering which ebook version to download? We offer the following download options compatible with the most popular ebook readers.
- EPUB format can be read by readers formatted for Windows and Apple. EPUB files can be read using the iBooks app running on iOS devices such as the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad, Sumatra PDF, Adobe Digital Editions, FBReader, Calibre and the Mozilla Firefox add-on EPUBReader. Please note: EPUB files are not compatible with Kindle readers unless the file is sent to the Kindle reader using email or a send-to-Kindle app. Please read more here.
- .MOBI format can be read by Kindle readers formatted for Windows and Apple. .MOBI files can be read using the iBooks app running on iOS devices such as the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad, Sumatra PDF, FBReader, Calibre and the Mobipocket Reader.