By Dr. Bruce Johnson
The Part-Time Press, 2015
192 pages. Paperback.
Click here to request a desk copy.
See Inside This Book!
- Getting Down to Business offers practical solutions, best-practice strategies and time-tested advice.
- Getting Down to Business provides faculty readers with the contents of a first-rate teaching workshop for a fraction of the price.
- Getting Down to Business provides business professionals, as well as academics who teach part-time, with the necessary tools to be highly successful classroom faculty.
- Getting Down to Business joins The Part-Time Press catalog of best-selling professional development books for faculty. Our books are used in thousands of faculty development programs throughout North America.
Author Bruce Johnson, MBA, Ph.D., specializes in the field of adult education. Dr. J.’s research and work focus on faculty development, training and mentoring. Written for use by faculty who teach in either the undergraduate and/or graduate-level classroom, Getting Down to Business covers subjects including:
- student-centered learning strategies
- student engagement
- teaching large classes effectively
- technology in the classroom
- course planning
- the development of meaningful writing assignments.
“Exceptionally well written, organized and presented, Getting Down to Business is an impressively informed and informative book. Of special note is a section devoted to ‘Helpful Tips’ contributed by eleven other experts. Enhanced with the inclusion of a series of Figures, a Glossary, and an Index, Getting Down to Business is a unique and highly recommended addition to the faculty member’s bookshelf, college and university library Business Education collections in general, and corporate business education supplemental studies reading lists in particular.”–Midwest Book Review
Our Customers Say: “Adjunct instructors often enter the teaching arena with extensive work experience that is vital to keeping our programs updated. Part-Time Press books are practical tools they can use to be successful immediately and throughout their teaching careers.” — Dr. Sharee P. Koppell, Academic Dean, Sullivan College
The Part-Time Press offers generous discounts off single copy prices to those who order in quantity. To qualify for the quantity discount you’d like, simply order the number of books necessary to qualify for the desired discount. You may combine individual titles to reach a desired discount level (i.e. 5 copies of one title and 5 copies of another title).
Please note: Quantity discounts are applied automatically at check-out (after a method of payment has been selected). Shipping is calculated at 8 percent of the order total BEFORE the quantity discount is applied.
Orders of 1-9 books qualify for no quantity discount
Orders of 10-49 books qualify for a 10 percent discount
Orders of 50-99 books qualify for a 20 percent discount
Orders of 100+ books qualify for a 30 percent discount
BUY BY THE CASE DISCOUNTS
When ordering books for faculty training you can save even more money by buying by the case. Getting Down to Business is packaged in boxes of 68 books. Buy a case of Getting Down to Business for the flat price of $900. Case purchases discount the cost of each book by 35 percent to $13.24, our lowest price available. Need more than 68 books? There is no limit to the number of cases which may be purchased, and case purchases may be combined with quantity discount orders. To purchase a case ofGetting Down to Business, click here.
To place an order using a Purchase Order, use the secure online form on the checkout page, or call 734-930-6854, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday (EST). Fax Purchase Orders to 734-930-6854. Email Purchase Orders to orders@Part-TimePress.com.