A Handbook for Adjunct/Part-Time Faculty, 7th Edition, by Donald Greive, Ed.D. & Patricia Lesko, MFA
The Part-Time Press, 2011
160 pages. Paperback.
See Inside This Book!
With over 265,000 copies sold, A Handbook is one of the most trusted faculty development resources available today. A Handbook is more than just a teacher’s manual! This powerhouse helps readers tackle the day-to-day challenges associated with teaching part-time. The book takes faculty members (including those new to the classroom) step-by-step through the semester. Readers begin with a discussion about the importance of andragogy, student-centered learning and cooperative/collaborative learning. The book offers loads of suggestions and teaching tips and helps instructors sharpen their skills in order to become more confident and competent in the classroom. A Handbook helps readers build stronger lessons plans, integrate media and technology into lectures effectively, facilitate more dynamic classroom discussions and craft a variety of test types and assessment tools (including self-assessment tools). A Handbook offers practical advice and successful strategies in a readable, accessible style and format.
- “Adjunct instructors often enter the teaching arena with extensive work experience that is vital to keeping our programs updated. A Handbook for Adjunct/Part-Time Faculty and Teachers of Adults is a practical tool they can use to be successful immediately and throughout their teaching careers.” — Dr. Sharee P. Koppell, Academic Dean, Sullivan College
- “Your books are super-excellent! We have provided them to our new adjunct faculty as well as to our seasoned adjunct faculty who want to continue growing and refreshing their teaching skills.”— Jeana Bodart, Adjunct Faculty Coordinator, Ivy Tech Community College
- “Must Have Information for Adjunct Instructors…” — Fred Fanning author Essays on Safety, Health and Environment
- “Great tips in a concise format!”— review from Amazon.com
Going the Distance: A Handbook for Adjunct & Part-Time Faculty Who Teach Online, Revised 1st Edition
by Evelyn Beck and Donald Greive, Ed.D.
The Part-Time Press, 2008, Revised 1st Edition
96 pages. Paperback.
See Inside This Book!
Whether you’re just thinking about teaching online, a first-time online course facilitator, or you are an experienced distance educator, Going the Distance: A Handbook for Part-Time & Adjunct Faculty Who Teach Online will help you sharpen your online teaching skills, develop and deliver more richly-structured distance education courses.
The revised edition contains updated and expanded sections on blogging, distance education blogs, technology, distance learning conferences, awards & fellowships, and course development.
This book was authored by Evelyn Beck, an educator who has been developing and teaching distance education courses for over a decade. Going the Distance co-author, Dr. Donald Greive, is the writer of the much-used and trusted Handbook series A Handbook for Adjunct/Part-Time Faculty and Teachers of Adults, as well as Handbook II: Advanced Teaching Strategies, which together have sold almost 300,000 copies.
From technological preparation to course design to planning and virtual classroom techniques, this book offers model materials, practical suggestions and successful strategies. Going the Distance: A Handbook for Part-Time & Adjunct Faculty Who Teach Online provides adjuncts who teach in distance education programs with the contents of a first-rate teaching workshop for a fraction of the price.
- “This is a good starter kit for those new to teaching online. It can also be a good review for those experienced in the online environment but need a refresher or are attempting to solve a problem. Covered are important topical areas such as assessment, technology, guests, and virtual field trips. In addition, course development processes and issues are discussed. Of course, all of this is generalized knowledge that can be adapted to meet the reader’s individual institution’s policies and procedures.”—Amazon.com review
Order today for Faculty Orientation Programs!
To place an order using a Purchase Order, you may use our secure on-line order form. You may also call 734-930-6854, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday (EST). Fax Purchase Orders to 734-665-9001.