A Handbook for Adjunct/Part-Time Faculty, 7th Edition, by Donald Greive, Ed.D. & Patricia Lesko, MFA
The Part-Time Press, 2011
160 pages. Paperback.
See Inside This Book!
With over 265,000 copies sold, A Handbook is one of the most trusted faculty development resources available today. A Handbook is more than just a teacher’s manual! This powerhouse helps readers tackle the day-to-day challenges associated with teaching part-time. The book takes faculty members (including those new to the classroom) step-by-step through the semester. Readers begin with a discussion about the importance of andragogy, student-centered learning and cooperative/collaborative learning. The book offers loads of suggestions and teaching tips and helps instructors sharpen their skills in order to become more confident and competent in the classroom. A Handbook helps readers build stronger lessons plans, integrate media and technology into lectures effectively, facilitate more dynamic classroom discussions and craft a variety of test types and assessment tools (including self-assessment tools). A Handbook offers practical advice and successful strategies in a readable, accessible style and format.
- “Adjunct instructors often enter the teaching arena with extensive work experience that is vital to keeping our programs updated. A Handbook for Adjunct/Part-Time Faculty and Teachers of Adults is a practical tool they can use to be successful immediately and throughout their teaching careers.” — Dr. Sharee P. Koppell, Academic Dean, Sullivan College
- “Your books are super-excellent! We have provided them to our new adjunct faculty as well as to our seasoned adjunct faculty who want to continue growing and refreshing their teaching skills.”— Jeana Bodart, Adjunct Faculty Coordinator, Ivy Tech Community College
- “Must Have Information for Adjunct Instructors…” — Fred Fanning author Essays on Safety, Health and Environment
- “Great tips in a concise format!”— review from Amazon.com
Blended Learning & Flipped Classrooms: A Comprehensive Guide
by Patricia Adams and Happy Gingras
The Part-Time Press, 2017
128 pages. Paperback.
See Inside This Book!
Blended Learning & Flipped Classrooms: A Comprehensive Guide is an impressively written, organized and presented instructional guide that is unreservedly recommended for personal, professional, school district, college, and university library Teacher Education collections and supplemental studies reading lists.–Midwest Review of Books
Blended Learning & Flipped Classrooms: A Comprehensive Guide is a useful, slim book by Patricia Adams and Happy Gingras, experienced, award-winning college educators, introducing many new ideas of how to manage the classroom and reach the students. This handbook would be especially relevant for new faculty, adjunct or full-time, as it includes tools that some professors might never have thought of or dared to try. The writing is lively and enthusiastic, and not laden with academic jargon. When you’re ready to take some risks and make some changes, this book will provide much of what current college teachers need to blend and flip their classrooms.–Deborah Straw, book reviewer, AdjunctNation.com
Wish your students….
• Took responsibility for their learning?
• Completed coursework and actively participated in classroom discussions?
• Completed assigned work on time?
• Turned in assignments that followed directions/rubrics?
Flipped classrooms combined with blended learning strategies and techniques allow teaching faculty to combine their own creativity with technological tools that can make all of these “wishes” (and more) come true. Students in flipped and blended courses are more engaged, prepared and excited about the course materials you are eager to teach. Authors Patricia Adams and Happy Gingras—award-winning faculty members—have been teaching flipped and blended college courses for over a decade and in this book they take readers step-by-step through the process of flipping and blending a course.
Order today for Faculty Orientation Programs!
To place an order using a Purchase Order, you may use our secure on-line order form. You may also call 734-930-6854, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday (EST). Fax Purchase Orders to 734-665-9001.