You can read this book using any of the following apps and devices:
by Donald E. Greive, Editor
The Part-Time Press, 2016
176 pages. Paperback.
Higher education expert Dr. Donald Greive, Ed.D. takes experienced teaching faculty beyond his best-selling Handbook for Adjunct/Part-Time Faculty and Teachers of Adults to Handbook II: Advanced Teaching Strategies for Adjunct and Part-Time Faculty.
See Inside This Book!
The fourth edition, an expanded collection of over two dozen instructional essays, gathers together the professional know-how of award-winning teaching faculty, as well as research faculty, staff and administrators whose work focuses on faculty development, student retention and success, as well as faculty mentoring. The book includes essays on topics such as:
- student engagement and motivation
- integrating technology into the classroom
- collaborative/cooperative learning
- flipped/hybrid courses
- teaching large classes
- distance education
- testing and test strategies
Handbook II Advanced Teaching Strategies for Adjunct and Part-Time Faculty is used in over 1,000 colleges and universities in the U.S. With over 45,000 copies sold, this book helps faculty sharpen their teaching skills and become more effective instructors.
Download options: EPUB, [MOBI] KINDLE
Wondering which ebook version to download? We offer the following download options compatible with the most popular ebook readers.
- EPUB format can be read by readers formatted for Windows and Apple. EPUB files can be read using the iBooks app running on iOS devices such as the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad, Sumatra PDF, Adobe Digital Editions, FBReader, Calibre and the Mozilla Firefox add-on EPUBReader. Please note: EPUB files are not compatible with Kindle readers unless the file is sent to the Kindle reader using email or a send-to-Kindle app. Please read more here.
- .MOBI format can be read by Kindle readers formatted for Windows and Apple. .MOBI files can be read using the iBooks app running on iOS devices such as the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad, Sumatra PDF, FBReader, Calibre and the Mobipocket Reader.
“Thoughtful and thought-provoking, wide-ranging in scope, this new edition of Handbook II: Advanced Teaching Strategies for Adjunct and Part-Time Faculty will prove to be of fundamental and practical assistance to faculty members seeking to sharpen their teaching skills and become more effective classroom instructors. A truly impressive compendium of informational studies from beginning to end, Handbook II: Advanced Teaching Strategies for Adjunct and Part-Time Faculty is unreservedly recommended.”—Midwest Book Review
“Great Resource! I am going to be teaching as an adjunct instructor for the first time, so I purchased this book to help prepare for the job. The book is filled with many tips and ideas that I plan to integrate into me my teaching. I found the advice offered in the book very helpful and it made me feel more confident about how to go about getting students to be active, engaged learners in the classroom right from Day 1!”—Amazon.com review
“I highly recommend this for any teacher, instructor, or adjunct. Great and simple ideas you can use in class, especially with adult learners! I provided a copy to all instructors.”—Amazon.com review